Television remained a major information and entertainment source for the affluent/influential in Europe, according to the latest EMS survey results, reports M&M Europe.
According to the EMS:
- Pan-European TV weekly reaches 65.9% of the most affluent 20% of the population in each country, up slightly from 65.2% a year earlier.
- The combined reach of news channels is down 0.7% to 42.2%.
- The combined reach of sport and entertainment channels is up from 56.7% to 57.2%.
- EuroNews surpassed CNN International as the pan-European TV station with the largest weekly reach – 18%, compared with 17.8% a year earlier. CNN International’s weekly reach fell from 19.2% to 17.5%.
- On a monthly basis, however, CNN International remained in the lead with a reach of 33.9%, followed by EuroNews at 30.8%.