‘X-Factor’ Leads New Shows in Social Impressions

September 21, 2011

networked-top-fall-shows-sep-2011.JPGThe upcoming unscripted Fox TV show “The X-Factor” led all new fall TV shows in total social impressions between May 1 and September 4, 2011, according to data from Networked Insights. “The X-Factor” generated 7.25 million impressions, more than double the almost 3.08 million impressions generated by the CW drama “Ringer.”

In terms of percentage of positive social buzz, the NBC drama “Grimm” dominated with 39% positive buzz, 50% more than the 26% generated by its two closest competitors, the CW drama “Hart of Dixie” and ABC drama “Pan Am.” Interestingly, “Grimm” also generated 16% negative buzz, almost three times the 6% generated by “Pan Am,” which had the next-highest negative buzz rating.
Among the 10 shows with the highest number of impressions, three air on CW, two each on Fox, NBC and ABC, and one on CBS. Eight of the 10 are dramas, with one unscripted program and one comedy (“Up All Night,” NBC).

‘Once Upon a Time’ Has Most Week-Over-Week Growth in Fans

networked-fall-shows-fb-fans-sep-20111.JPGTracking growth in Facebook fans between August 31 and September 9, Networked Insights finds ABC’s “Once Upon a Time” led all new shows with 202% growth, followed by NBC program “The Playboy Club” with 144% growth. ABC and NBC shows dominated the list with four and three entries, respectively.

With roughly 150,000 Facebook fans as of September 9, “Once Upon a Time” enjoyed a substantial lead in this area, as well. Fellow ABC show “Charlie’s Angels” followed with a little less than 120,000 fans.

Other Findings

  • Networked Insights tracked an increase in negative buzz surrounding the NBC comedy “Whitney” following its marketing campaign.
  • The Millennial segment comprises 23% of the social media audience for CW drama “Ringer.” Networked Insights advises the CW network is popular with Millennials and that growing nostalgia for the 1990s is creating interest in the show’s star Sarah Michelle Gellar.
  • The TV fan segment comprises 97% of the social media audience for the unscripted Fox series “The X-Factor.” Of the remaining 3%, 60% are Millennials.

TV Guide: Tweeters More Engaged with TV

A considerably higher percentage of Twitter users who tweet while watching a TV show discuss the show they’re watching than Facebook users who log in during a TV show, according to May 2011 data from TVGuide.com. The “TVGuide.com User Research Study” indicates 50% of Twitter users discuss a show they are watching, one-third more than the 35% of Facebook users who discuss a show they are watching.

45th Parallel Design Ad

Explore More Charts.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This