Facebook has more than 31 million active users, with an average of more than 100,000 registrations per day – and an average of 3% weekly growth – since January 2007, according to figures the social-networking site released this month (via Poynter Online’s E-Media Tidbits).
The number of active users has doubled since the site opened registration in Sept. 2006, according to the figures.
Some other data tidbits released by Facebook:
- More than half of Facebook users are not in college.
- The fastest-growing demographic is the 25+ age group.
- Facebook is the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States*.
- Users spend an average of 20 minutes on the site daily*.
- The site is the No. 1 photo-sharing application on the web*.
- Photo application draws more than twice as much traffic as the next three sites combined*.
- Canada, with more than 3 million active users, has the most users outside of the US.
- The UK has the third-largest user-base, with more than 2 million active users.
- Over 1,800 applications have been built on the Facebook Platform.
- More than 75% of Facebook users have used at least one Facebook application.
The full set of data released is available via Facebook (pdf).
*Source: comScore Media Metrix