The most popular online coupon in June 2009 offered diners at IHOP restaurants a free entree, $5 off $20 and 20% off the check, according to a monthly findings from coupon aggregator RetailMeNot.com, which said coupon savings for all products offered on its site during the month were valued at nearly $1 million.?
RetailMeNot.com’s? monthly report (pdf) provided trend and demographic information about shoppers who visited RetailMeNot.com Printable site and downloaded coupons. The site reported that the IHOP coupon was downloaded nearly 3,000 times.
In total, consumers downloaded 197,685 coupons from RetailMeNot.com Printable in June and potentially saved $988,425 as a result, the analysis found. These numbers represent a slight decrease from May 2009, when consumers downloaded 198,098 coupons and potentially saved $990,490, the analysis found.
Since RetailMeNot Printable began tracking in mid April of 2009, consumers have downloaded a total of 462,096 coupons and saved $2.3 million.
Additional findings from the June report:
- New Jersey was the most coupon-conscious state, with more coupon downloads per capita than any other. Georgia, which was last month’s winner, dropped down to #4. This number is based on the number of coupons downloaded divided by population:
- New York City’s 10199 was the most-searched zip code for the second month in a row:
- The top budget shopping day in June was Friday, June 5, on which 4.69% of the month’s coupons were downloaded from the site.
- As was the case in May, Food and Apparel were again the categories most often searched in June:
- Chick-Fil-A, Stanley Steemer and IHOP were the brands searched most often:
A recent study by Mobilize also found a high interest in food coupons among mobile-phone users.
About the data: RetailMeNot Printable aggregates more than 90,000 local and national coupons from Valpak.com, redplum.com, moneymailer.com, Retaurant.com and Clipper Magazine and makes them searchable by category, brand and location. Coupon and shopping trends in the report are based on a compilation of visitor data from RetailMeNot.com Printable for June. The approximate savings are calculated based on an average of $5 savings per coupon downloaded.