What’s the “Hottest Topic” in Retargeting?

December 17, 2014

This article is included in these additional categories:

Analytics, Automated & MarTech | B2B | Brand Metrics | Data-driven | Digital | Email | Mobile Phone | Paid Search | Social Media | Tablet

AdRoll-Hottest-Topic-in-Retargeting-Dec2014Source: AdRoll [download page]

    Notes: Social media retargeting is the “hottest topic” in retargeting, according to an AdRoll survey of 1,000 US marketers hailing from a range of industries and company sizes. Indeed, social networks are among the top properties where respondents would like to see retargeting over the next 3 years, with Instagram (48%) and Pinterest (46%) behind only Amazon (73%). Another hot topic in the space, per the survey, is mobile and cross-device, with 57% of B2B respondents and 51% of B2C marketers currently retargeting on mobile. AdRoll notes that its clients have seen performance lifts when adding Facebook to their retargeting mix, and when adding retargeting on mobile to their Facebook and web mix.

      Related: Top Retargeting Channels and Challenges For Enterprise Marketers

        About the Data: The survey was conducted by Qualtrics, and excluded respondents who were in non-marketing roles or who identified as being “not at all familiar” with display and paid social advertising. Some 56% of respondents were B2B; the remaining 44% identified as B2C.

        AdRoll campaign results are based on data from active AdRoll retargeting campaigns run by over 11,000 US advertisers between 01/01/14 and 06/30/14. Together, these advertisers serve over 3.7 billion ad impressions a month and reach over 16 million individual customers every day.

        45th Parallel Design Ad

        Explore More Charts.

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This