Americans conducted nearly 10 billion core searches in February – a 6% decline from January, primarily because Feb. is a shorter month – according to the monthly comScore qSearch analysis of the search marketplace:
Core Search Rankings
Share of Searches
- In February, Google Sites increased share of core searches to 59.2% from 58.5% the previous month.
- Yahoo Sites ranked second with 21.6%, followed by Microsoft Sites (9.6%), AOL LLC (4.9%), and Ask Network (4.6%).
(For related graph, see “Online Search Share, January & February 2008.”)
Number of Search Queries
- Americans conducted 9.9 billion searches at the core search engines – a 6% decline from January. The number of searches declined at each of the core search engines.
- Google Sites recorded more than 5.8 billion core searches, followed by Yahoo Sites with 2.1 billion, and Microsoft Sites with 953 million.
Expanded Search Rankings
- The February 2008 analysis of the Top 50 properties worldwide where search activity is observed found that Google Sites led with 7.4 billion searches:
- Yahoo Sites ranked second with 2.3 billion searches, followed by Microsoft Sites (984 million), and AOL LLC (864 million).