Online Video Ad Viewability, by Publisher Type

May 7, 2014

This article is included in these additional categories:

Creative & Formats | Digital | Video

Vindico-Online-Video-Ad-Viewability-May2014

    Source: Vindico [pdf]

      Notes: Only 44% of online video ad impressions from September through December last year were found to be viewable, though that figure was almost twice as high (78%) for major media ad impressions. Those figures use the 2013 measurement standard of viewability (50% of the ad in-view for at least one second); upcoming IAB standards define viewability as 50% of the ad being in-view for at least 2 seconds. Meanwhile, Vindico also finds that just 34% of digital video ads in the Sept-Dec period represented a TV-like quality experience – more than half of those impressions were viewable. For the full year, 93% of video ad impressions for campaigns with more than 1 million impressions were TV creative, with the remaining 7% interactive impressions.

        Related: Online Video Ad Views More Than Double Y-O-Y in March

        45th Parallel Design Ad

        Explore More Charts.

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This